Old October 11th 11, 05:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,alt.vacation.las-vegas,sci.med.cardiology
Ace♠[_3_]

Default General Aviation Dead?

On Oct 10, 10:51*am, Tom wrote:
On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 13:39:34 -0400, Quaalude wrote:
"I look with sadness on the Cessna with bees nests in its air vents, or
the Mooney sitting on its rims with critters running in and out of it,
and the Cessna 150, faded and gutted like a fish. I ask myself, how did
it get to this? How could someone let their plane die this way?"

http://seebarryfly.wordpress.com/2011/05/20/is-the-death-of-general-a....

GA on the decline? Absolutely. GA making adjustments to thwart that
decline. Hardly. The best/worst example is the Sport Pilot debacle and
the supposed emergence of "inexpensive" LSA. The LSA has gained some
ground with geezers who have flunked their medicals but driven a
resurgence of GA? Give me a break.

GA dead? NO. Dying? Like an octogenarian, it's only a matter of time.

Golly, Tom, do you live in GA the same as MU? lol

A*