Old October 31st 04, 04:33 PM
Newps

Jose wrote:
we both want to remain connected to aviation and are thinking of opening
a small aircraft sales/brokerage business, focusing on basic airplanes
such as Cessna 172/182, Piper Warrior, Beech Bonanza, etc.
[...]
I refuse to believe that with the right mindset, business practices, and
a good plan, the playing field cannot let another newbie come into the
business.

Find a niche.

Exactly. Piper Cubs, Cessna 180/182/185/205/206. Stick with these and
people will beat down your door. They are also recession proof. Take
in the occasional cherokee on trade but only when the economy is good.
These things have a knack of sticking around the lot. I bought my plane
from Stancil in Placerville, CA. I have been watching his site for the
last 6+ years. The turnover is fantastic, although he doesn't deal in
Cubs. He's got a 1976 Warrior that he can't get rid of, now the price
is lowered to $38.5. Same for a cherokee 6, although that one has 8.50
mains, and a 73 Arrow. http://www.skywagons.com/shop-mall.html