Old September 19th 05, 02:18 AM
Jeff

I have tried Simple Green and more 100LL and neither really did any good. I
will try some acetone next.

Jeff

"RV9" wrote in message

I have a composite airplane (a Dragonfly MK-IIH) and have a stain from

100LL
on the side of my fuselage that I would like to remove.

The stained area on the fuselage has a urethane foam core and the paint
is
Emron. Any suggestions on how to remove the stain without destroying the
paint or foam core?

I have also had great success using Simple Green. Since you are not using
it
on aluminum, the non-aviation version should be fine. This is my first
choice cleaner to remove gas stains.

MEK or Acetone will also work, but are quite harsh and may dammage your
foam
core if it seeps in via some cracks. Should not dammage your paint though.
I've used it on Imron a couple of times.