Old April 5th 20, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ASW-15 Impressions

For the guys here who are familiar with 1970’s soaring, have any of you owned an asw-15 and what were your impressions of them?

I flew one once many many years ago but it was just an early morning 15 minute sleigh ride and I was a kid. I don’t know how I would fit now (6ft 1in, 190 lbs but not broad shouldered, just long legged).

Hows the weak wx performance? How would you compare against a 201 libelle in climb and run? How much advantage does the cirrus have over it in run when both are dry?
Thanks guys