Old November 3rd 04, 08:16 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Bob Fry said:
(Paul Tomblin) writes:
In a previous article, (Bob Fry) said:
Do you know of any services--preferably free--that will accept a cell
phone SMS message with ICAO IDs, and send an SMS message back with
METARs and TAFs?

I wrote one. But unfortunately a SMS message is too short, so it ends up
coming back as three messages.

Hmmm, is it available to the vast r.a.* audience?

I'm a little reluctant to share because I don't know what sort of volume
it might get. Give it a try, send an sms to
. You can
specify the stations in the subject line or in the body. If the volume
gets too high, I'll turn it off.

--
Paul Tomblin
http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/