Old September 8th 03, 02:17 AM
Steve

I appreciate everyone's opinion. I might build, I might fix up, I might
forget the whole thing, but let's not get nasty with one another.
Take care.

Curt

If you choose to fix up, I have two wrecked K-8s you could choose
from. One, built from a Schempp-Hirth made kit, has a broken right
wing. Included with this is a fairly complete set of drawings and a
damaged ASK-14 wing from which the wood to do the spar repair can be
obtained. The other, made originally by Schleicher, landed in some
trees, trying to get back to the home field. No main spar damage on
this one, but lots of leading edge damage to one wing, a little to the
other, and lots of bent tubes in the nose. One factory trailer is
available, but you have to buy a glider project to get the trailer.

First and foremost is get in the air. Personally owned, club, leased,
or whatever. Then, if you want a project, find one that is to your
liking and enjoy the time spent working on it.

Steve Leonard
Owner, Steve's Aircraft Supply and Salvage Yard (SASSY!)
Accumulating broken gliders since 1990.