Old September 15th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ET

Default Flaps on take-off and landing

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Margy Natalie writes:

Who said the handle is small? Some of these "handles" are 2 - 3 feet
long.

Where are they in the cockpit? I haven't seen many small cockpits; is
there a picture on the Net of one that has this kind of lever? It
sounds like it would be awkward to use in flight.

I go by what I've seen in the handful of pictures of cockpits that
I've encountered. Most of these are of jet aircraft, and the flap
lever is longer than most but hardly long enough to provide much
leverage.

In the StingSport LSA it's right where you would expect to find your
Toyota parking brake handle... in fact, it looks suspiciously like a
Toyota parking brake handle... grin

--
-- ET :-)

"A common mistake people make when trying to design something
fools."---- Douglas Adams