Old September 26th 06, 12:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_6_]

Default What do you think of KA 6CR?

Yes; I could lose 10 lb. of ugly fat & fit in the cockpit but then could not
see anything.
Jim
"Nyal Williams" wrote in message
Losing weight is always an option. Please don't think
I'm being cruel; we have two guys in our club who wanted
to fly so badly that they went on a PERMANENT diet
change to enable it.

The first one went from about 225 down to about 180
so he could get into an ASW-15. The second one visited
our club weighing 400lbs. He is now down to about
220 and is one of our most PHYSICALLY active members.
He outperforms even the youngest teen-age members
is dragging gliders around, and all the other physical
stuff that goes on. He is close to getting his license
and the first one is about to become an instructor.
Both are happy, happy, happy!

At 04:18 25 September 2006, Jim wrote:
I'm looking for an inexpensive sailplane & see a few
KA 6CR's for sale, all
including enclosed trailer for around $7,000. A 1-26
would have been OK, but
there aren't any right now. I'm not sure I'd fit in
a KA 6 at 6'3' & over
200 lb. Also; how about maintaining a wooden sailplane?
Does one need to be
a woodworker to keep the KA 6CR flying?
Jim Hultman
Santa Barbara, CA