Old December 4th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
N2310D

Default MS Flight Sim As a Training Tool

Anyway, the only readily available simulator that can be bought at a
store that simulates aerodynamics "properly" is x-plane, in fact the
engine that is used to simulate the physics of an airfoil does so
completley without using benchmarks of real world aircraft, just their
virtual models, and does it accuratley.

There are many ways to accurately model flight.

X-plane is also endorsed by the FAA as a PCATD... or something along
those lines, I don't remember exactly what, but it's a lot better
(from a physics standpoint) than Microsoft's release.

Except for:

"Now, with X-Plane, we have a flight sim that can be used for logging time
towards your instrument rating, Commercial Certificate, or even your AIRLINE
TRANSPORT CERTIFICATE! Actually LOGGING this time requires you to be in a
Motus full-motion sim (price tag: about $150,000.00) "

More properly stated, X-Plane is a component "part" of a certified PCATD, it
is NOT a PCATD.

Big difference.

That said, the X-Plane reviews for the home PC are pretty darn good.