Old December 4th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon

Default MS Flight Sim As a Training Tool

John Theune wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:

Anyway, the only readily available simulator that can be bought at a
store that simulates aerodynamics "properly" is x-plane, in fact the
engine that is used to simulate the physics of an airfoil does so
completley without using benchmarks of real world aircraft, just their
virtual models, and does it accuratley.

[...]
X-plane is also endorsed by the FAA as a PCATD... or something along
those lines, I don't remember exactly what, but it's a lot better
(from a physics standpoint) than Microsoft's release.

[...]

The details are here (
http://www.x-plane.com/FTD.html )

Nice stuff. We used it one of the demos in our booth at the recent ATCA
conference in DC.

Found them in 10 seconds as you could have if you bothered at least a little bit to
look things up on your own.

Wot? And waste all that valuable time telling us what's up?

Just a 21st century variation on an old theme: "we were given two ears
and one mouth and...."