Old October 13th 06, 11:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
d&tm

Default East River turning radius

wrote in message
Found this link:
http://www.csgnetwork.com/aircraftturninfocalc.html
(Some other interesting calculators there also)

I think the turing radius calculator is borked......

Try 80MPH at 89 degree bank angle....

Impressive piece of engineering if possible. Found this link:

The calculator is correct by my reckoning. 80mph and 89 degree bank gives 8
ft radius turning circle which is correct in theory. it sounds ridiculous
but really the 89 degree angle of bank is what is ridiculous . such a turn
if possible would pull 57 g. the calculation is not that difficult.
radius= v squared / g tan ( bank angle)
terry