Old November 4th 04, 09:39 PM
Peter Duniho

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
The way I interpret this:

"The new study says O'Hare can handle just 190 to 200 arrivals and
departures per hour, fewer than a 2001 study that recommended a
maximum of 200 to 202 flights per hour."

it would seem that the Meigs closure has reduced ALL operations at
O'Hare by up to 5%. So it would seem that the Meigs closure has had a
negative impact on O'Hare.

I don't read it that way. I read it as saying that the 2001 study was
simply incorrect. Not that the closure of Meigs somehow reduced the
capacity of O'Hare. I don't even see how it could have.

The latest FAA study has recommended a reduction in the TOTAL number
of operations at O'Hare, unfortunately this reduction is being
selectively applied to GA operations.

Right. Again, it's GA's problem, not O'Hare's.

Pete