Old October 10th 03, 11:11 PM
Elmshoot

A couple of night ago the History Channel aired a program about the
F-14. During the promo it was stated that the Tomcat is the world's
fastest fighter. I dunno, every aviation book in my house puts it
clearly behind the F-15 and the MiG 25.

Brian,
I started Discovery wings about 1 year agao and the biggest disapointment was
all of the inacuracies they had in the programs. An F-5 isn't suprising, radial
engine sounds with a turdo prop taking off the wrong jet sounds for the A/C
pictured. The toper was the narator saying it took Lindy 17 hours to fly to
Paris from NY. Now when we watch it's a game to pick out the crap in the story.
I wonder how much is in the stores I don't anything about. The B-58 program I
liked but the creditability is always suspect.
The A-6 progam it is mentioned none had ever been shot down by another plane. I
understand that when VA-196 lost 4 planes on the raid up north they were jumped
by Migs and at least one was bagged in China while trying to avoid the air
threat.
It also mention they have no A/A capability I have many hours flying on
deploymemt carring an AIM-9N. That is more then the other bomber the AF refers
to the Stealth Fighter.
Sparky