Old November 15th 05, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default IFR with a VFR GPS

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Marco Leon" mmleon(at)yahoo.com wrote in message

Have you ever read either TSO-c146a or TSO-c129? One of the requirements
specifies that the database in an IFR-certified box adhere to a higher
tolerance of corruptibility. Are you sure the VFR portable's database

was
built to the same specifications? If not--higher risk.

How so?

If you really don't see the increased risk in using a database that is not
safeguarded from being corrupted to a level that another one that is, then
your ability to comprehend the subject matter at hand is far below the rest
of the thread's participants. It would be useless to explain the other
requirements of the TSO to you because you obviously would not understand
any of the concepts.

I can go on and list each item-by-item but you seem to be literate so

you
can read the TSOs at your leisure. Bottom line is as I stated in my
previous
post that you don't personally believe the requirements outlined in

these
documents reduce risk in any way, shape, or form.

If that's the case, I'm glad you don't help the FAA develop these
standards.

If you believe there is a higher risk I think you should be able to

identify
that risk.

You're trolling.