Old November 16th 05, 08:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default IFR with a VFR GPS

In article t,
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

"Ron Garret" wrote in message

The following quote seems apropos he

"A non-idiot doesn't need an explanation and an idiot wouldn't
understand one."

Can't remember just now who said it.

It was I that said it,

Yes, I knew that actually. I see that subtlety is lost on you.

and it's not appropriate here.

You are mistaken.

Jose is not going to
explain it because he has since learned that "Cumulo Granite" is not a
hazard.

Really? How do you know that? I see no indication in the discussion
that Jose has changed his position. Have you been having an off-line
discussion with him? Or perhaps you are psychic?

(FWIW, I understood the point Jose was making even without an
explanation.)

Did you? Perhaps you'd like to explain why "Cumulo Granite" is a hazard to
IFR enroute navigation by handheld GPS in US controlled airspace then?

Why would I want to do that?

rg