Old May 14th 04, 08:38 AM
Shiver Me Timbers

C J Campbell wrote:

That last third of the flight is going to be tough.

I'm sure the first two thirds will be pretty tough as well.

It took 55% fuel just to reach 211,000 feet. Most of the remainder
will be needed just to carry a full load of fuel that high.
Plus, there was only one person on board. To
get the X Prize, they have to carry three people.

Don't worry about their mileage Mr. Cambell, I'm sure Burt Rutan
has a better idea of the fuel requirements than you do.

Not only that,

Gaaaaasssssssp....... You have more comments.

they have been managing only one Spaceship One flight every
couple of months (lately about one a month).

So what. Will NASA be able to match that this year

They have made only three powered flights.

So what...... That's three more than you will ever make now isn't it.

What do they need for the X Prize -- something like one
every two weeks, isn't it?

Beats me but I'll bet that Burt Rutan has a much better handle on what
the requirements are than you do..... So don't sweat the little details
that you will personally never have to be responsible for.

It may take a little while for them to get it all together, but they do
appear to be a lot closer.

How condescendingly generous you are.