Old March 23rd 05, 06:44 PM
W P Dixon

You make a good point about overweight docs Cecil! I don't have blood
pressure problems but my weight had sure gotten away from me since I
retired. After seeing 201 on the scale ( I'm 5'10") I decided to cut back,
when I got to 194 the doc did a cholestoral test and well my blood was so
thick from the sat fats and stuff it could have dropped a rhino! Now I am
really watching sat fat and cholestoral intake and am down to 183 . 194 to
183 in two weeks!!!!! I am bound and determined to get back to 165, my
weight as a Marine.
But back to the docs, most of the fat ones may tell you to change your
diet but never tell you how. Hard for them to I guess because they are not
doing it either!!!
Everything I have read on high blood pressure pretty much has the
opinion that exercise is the key to getting it low. And of course evening
out stress and fun days can help as well. Problem with that is most people
still stress when they are doing something they love to do . Flying for
instance , we all love it ..but it can be stressful. Maybe a little country
airport with no tower and some good old fashined flying in a old Piper
without all the gizmos and gadgets may do the trick as far as keeping away
from rules rules rules and all the ATC crap that causes stress.
Years ago people used to go driving to relieve the tension of the day ,
now it's said people who drive more have more stress and heart attacks. I
forget where I read that , so don't get your panties in a wad Peter look
it up somewhere!!! HAHAHA

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech