Old May 13th 05, 01:08 AM
Happy Dog

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
John T wrote:

What's the lightest known nuclear bomb weigh? "Nuclear" as in "fission"
or "fusion", not merely "dirty" with radioactive material.

I don't know that it's true, of course, but I've read several times that
the
old Soviet Union had managed to build "suitcase" bombs. Of course, that
addresses more volume than mass, but I'd guess that these would be
designed
to weigh as little as possible.

Still, and aircraft would be a poor way to deliver a nuke into DC when
cars,
vans, trucks, and USPS deliveries are all available alternatives. If
there
were a serious interest in security, these would all be kept out.

Yes. And anyone with the resources to acquire a suitcase nuke would have
the resources to use a more reliable delivery method.

moo