Old January 7th 07, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Default Building a New Mighty Grape

The last time I bought one I think it was about $15-$20. The canonical
lower-cost option is a stick that is cut to the proper length and used
to prop the window open. Some car parts stores carry a little clip that
fits over the piston rod and stops it from going back into the cylinder,
kind of like the thing that keeps a screen door closer propped open.

Yeah, I half-heartedly looked for that little collar the other day --
couldn't locate one, and didn't know what they were called to ask for
it. (As if you can actually *ask* anyone at Menard's...)

Considering I only need the windows to stay up while fueling, I'm
loathe to spending another $80 for pistons. But keeping a stick handy
is a bad option, too.

Now all we need is some snow, so I can do some 4-wheelin'... :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA