Old March 12th 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default What happened to the ftp site weather.noaa.gov?

On Mar 12, 4:52 am, (Paul Tomblin) wrote:
In a previous article, "virtuPIC" said:

On 11 Mrz., 21:20, (Paul Tomblin) wrote:
In a previous article, Hamish Reid said:
from my Treo. I just noticed that it's been broken since late January
because it's unable to ftp to weather.noaa.gov. Does anybody know if that

Paul -- if you go tohttp://weather.noaa.gov, you'll see a little
messaget taht says something like anon ftp no longer supported, please
ftp to tgftp.nws.noaa.gov...

...or have a look athttp://www.airspace-v.comto get it mapped on
Google Maps with more information like airfield coordinates and winds
and temperatures aloft.

Doesn't help me with my cell phone - the built in browser can't do Google
Maps.

I use aviationweather.gov on my cell phone. The graphics are basic
enough that most cell phone browers do fine with it. Most of my
students have not had any issues using aviationweather.gov from their
cell phone browsers.

-Robert