Old May 9th 14, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default White LS Sleeves VS Wedekind for ASW 19?

On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 12:40:04 PM UTC-7, Nicholas L wrote:

I'm looking for the best upgrade to the L'Hotellier fittings so I don't have to mess with the pins.

I used home made safety pins in my ASW-19 for years, long before their use was mandated. The only one that is a bit awkward to fit is the elevator and that was made easier by using a small key ring instead of a conventional safety pin.

On derig I would hang the pins on the left ballast valve cable so they were clearly visible in the cockpit.

I never thought the cost and complexity of any other safety device was worth considering.

Andy