Old September 7th 19, 11:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default another crash

I have a military style breaker mounted to the left arm rest, under the
side pocket.Â* It is heavy and will make short work of a canopy if
properly used.Â* These were mounted to the canopy rails of all the jets I
flew in the Air Force (though they were painted flat black).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6dgzz4ji49...eaker.jpg?dl=0

On 9/7/2019 11:44 AM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Dan Marotta wrote on 9/7/2019 7:06 AM:
As soon as I noticed the requirement, I installed a canopy breaker in
the cockpit.Â* Perhaps you'll find similar wording about the headrest
or lack of same.Â* With no stated requirement, I'd argue with the
authorities.Â* Probably a losing battle, but one worth fighting.

What does a canopy breaker look like? I've never heard of one.

--
Dan, 5J