Old March 25th 05, 12:59 AM
Mike W.

"Bob Chilcoat" wrote in message
Mea culpa:

SNIP
I guess I learned that you need to ask immediately if you think a call

might
be for you, even though the call is a bit garbled. Is the aircraft type

an
official part of the call? Any other actions I should have taken?

After you hear a call you think might be for you, and you get that feeling
that they may have forgot about you, yes by all means ask if the call is for
you. Like he said, they may be a little tired and overloaded.

'bravo 511, squawk 1200 and contact state'

'columbus approach, was that call for (full call sign)?'

this does three things. if the guy lost your puck or forgot about you, it
puts your tail number back in his head. It also lets him know you are paying
attention. nothing gets a controller hot faster when he has pilots zooming
around a busy airspace that seem to be daydreaming. it also lets you know
for sure if he's talking to you or not.

don't be afraid, ask! that's their job.