Old January 9th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Have you guys ever noticed the void?

I look at all the plans on offer for building aircraft and not one of
them ever includes any of the structural calculations.

Dont you guys ever feel totally unnerved by the fact that you have no
real idea of just where the strengths and weaknesses lie in a design?

If you cock up something during construction and you need to work out
whether it will be strong enough to carry the loads in spite of the
mistake how on earth do you make a sensible informed decision?

I never fail to be amazed that the absence of key information
verifying the structural integrity of a design is never seen as a
problem.
methinks it would make a really good EAA initiative for the second
century of aviation to start educating people to make available their
structural calcs.

Stealth(its a world wide void) Pilot