Old December 17th 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Gordon[_1_]

Default Tomcat in Air and Space Museum

wrote:
DDAY wrote:
I was out at the Stephen F. Udvar-Hazy annex of the National Air and Space
Museum today (near Dulles airport) and saw their newest acquisition: an
F-14D Tomcat. This is one of the remanufactured F-14As, and it is one that
shot down a MiG in 1989.

Oddly, it does not have a MiG silhouette painted on it. Any idea why?

Anybody have a list of the preserved Tomcats? I saw one up in Kalamazoo a
few weeks ago.

I know that there an F-14B at the New England Air Museum in Windsor
Locks, CT, and an A model at the National Warplane Museum in Elmira,
NY. I believe the NEAM bird is former VF-143, but I don't know the
provenance of the other aircraft.

Is it painted as a "Sans Reproache" or a "Pukin' Dawg"?

v/r Gordon