Old January 4th 11, 05:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rob.Russell

Default Flight navigation/moving map software for Android System

On Jan 3, 4:56*pm, Darryl Ramm wrote:

Honeycomb is going to make a significant difference as its the enabler
for a whole Android tablet ecosystem and it makes sense for Android
developers to target that platform. The only reason not to now is
Honeycomb is not in their hands. And developers may well want to take
advantage of some of the Honeycomb goodies in future... but yes there
is nothing core per-se that prevents porting to non-Honeycomb
platforms today but compared to what is expected to arrive soon I
would skip the current stuff in a hearbeat...

I'd love to know where you're getting that information from --
everything I've heard from Google employees has been that Honeycomb is
just the codename for 2.4, and that the core apps (messaging,
contacts) will be de-coupled from the OS and put in the market so that
there can be a phone version and a tablet version of each.

Cheers,

Rob