Old October 20th 15, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Default Auto-Towing - why is this not more popular?

Winching seems fine, but auto towing seems less complex to me and far less expensive. Of course clubs are always working to find a way to stamp out as many cycles as possible (quantity). For smaller groups or just a few (or when looking for absolute minimum cost), auto towing seems more elegant (quality)! Rigging up that loud spinning monster seems like overkill in many cases.

I'm going to plan an auto-towing event in Michigan next summer for the fun of it, maybe up in Frankfort so we can go ridge soaring on the dunes.

Book: https://books.google.com/books?id=K4...oaring&f=false

More later...

Sean
7T