Old October 3rd 03, 05:26 AM

Greg Esres wrote:

It is a boilerplate note they put on anytime the DME is not
frequency-paired with the ILS.

There are zillions of arcs to localizers that don't have this note.
The 8260.19C says they only apply to approaches with DME in the title.
I have an old plate for this approach, and it lacks the note.

Guess that shows I am not much better than the person who designed the
latest amendment to this IAP, not to mention his/her supervisor and QC
staff. ;-)

But, you're right, you could easily fly the ARC, then use the lead
radials to change to the LOC.

That is precisely the purpose of the lead radials, is it not?

I hesitate to say "precisely," but, yes, lead radials are for turn
anticpation.