Old October 17th 03, 10:12 PM
Morgans

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
. ..

"Morgans" wrote in message

Can you list any planes that are currently using a Lyc 320 that can

meet
the weight of LSA, and keep a useful load of say, 650 lbs.?

Why do you want a useful load of 650? It's a two seater...two two hundred

pounders
and over 40 gallons of fuel? The question is how draggy you gotta make

the plane
to keep it under 115 with 160HP.

I would like to carry 2 200 ponders, 100 lbs luggage, and 50 gallons of
fuel, for long legs, and plenty of range. Also, it should contain no
unobtainium.

OK, I could get more realistic, and say 550 lbs useful load. I still think
that would be tough to do with a 320.

And the top speed issue? I'm hoping that disappears. If not, one hell of a
flat pitch climb prop ought to do the job. g
--
Jim in NC