Old May 20th 04, 01:52 AM
Carl Ellis

(Robert M. Gary) wrote in
om:

I'm considering by an L-2 that is being offered for sale. I went down
and looked at it the other day and found it to be a nice plane.
However, I have two questions...
1) I've not had a chance to fly it yet. I've heard its a dog. I can
believe it. The gross weight is pretty high, higher than any other 65
hp plane I've seen. However, I find it hard to believe it would be
more of a dog than the Chief of J-3 I used to fly.
2) How do a eveluate the price? There are is no Vref or Bluebook for
this plane. Should I just consider it to be a Champ?
3) With me in the back and my friend up front we'd come out 1/2"
behind he CG range. I assume this is probably a common problem. Are
there cowl weights to move the CG? I'm thinking it shouldn't take much
weight to shift the CG .5".

-Robert, who finds that a Mooney is great for long trips but needs a
second plane for fun flying.

Robert -

If you are looking at a Taylorcraft L-2 then you need to check out the
Taylorcraft sites. There is lots of help out there. Where are you
located?

vb.taylorcraft.com
www.taylorcraft.info
www.taylorcraft.com

The L-2 is nice airplane but it is heavy compared to a BC-12.

- Carl -