Old March 9th 04, 03:24 PM
Owain Walters

I think the point is being missed here.

Why does the IGC continue to support a class that very
few people are interested in. When will we get a one-glider-class
that people want to fly in? Someone mentioned that
it was great that 25 pilots turned to a meeting or
something (I cant be bothered to read back) to do with
the PW5. So what?!?! We have more than 25 people on
the reserve list for the UK Nationals (not PW5 nats
of course, real gliders. We dont have anywhere near
enough interest to hold a rated PW5 competition.).

When will the gliding quango realise that the majority
of sane people dont want to fly the PW5. It is worse
than my glider, in both climb and glide (and certainly
looks), which is over 30 years old!! And its double
the price! What is the point!?!?

When will you people see sense and change the one class
to either the LS4 or the Discus?

Your posting is not 'Great News'; it is indicating
that you are just delaying the inevitable.