Old August 23rd 05, 05:37 AM

Getting all studied up to take my written, scoring 85's easily.

So what do you think, am I ready?

Not bad...you're ready or close to it.

Seems
most I miss are the chart questions. Mostly because the charts in this study
book are very small and cluttered I think.
I feel pretty comfortable about it and think I will do better on the actual
test when the chart is right there in front of me, instead of fumbling
through a book with the small pics of them.

Buy a copy of the real book that accompanies the test...then you have
the real thing....remember the 'scale' on those is close BUT NOT
exactly the scale on your plotter...but the scale IS given on each
chart.

"Computer Testing Supplement for Recreational Pilot and Private Pilot"

FAA-CT-8080-2D

I'm surprised more people dont do that...or maybe they don't know they
can get that book. It was included in my "initial issue" of
"books you gotta have".

Posting this here instead of
.student..because yall have already taken the test, the student may not
have. I also value the combined experience versus a students opinion.

A lot of CFI's and recent pilot types (like me) hang out in the
student group. The student group is not just for primary students.

--Don B
Don Byrer
Electronics Technician/Friendly but Sarcastic Pilot
FAA Airways Facilites/Tech Ops, RADAR/Data/Comm @ CLE
Amateur Radio KJ5KB
Instrument Pilot Commercial Student
PP-ASEL 30 Jan 2005 "-IA" 25 Mar 2005