Old September 21st 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

Default Cigarette lighters in 100 series Cessnas and an AD(?)

I learned a while ago that if you want devices to charge reliably you
need a minimum of 1 amp. My Dell Axim X51 will not charge at all with
less, the Treo 600 I used to have was the same and my portable satellite
radio was the same. That doesn't even factor in running the laptop or
portable DVD player the kids like at the same time.

wrote:

On Sep 19, 9:32 am, Newps wrote:

wrote:

We have 1-amp fuses in the lighter socket line so that
accessories such as GPS can be plugged into it.

When I had my 182 I had the mechanic make the lighter socket work again.
We went with a 10 amp fuse. 1 amp is not enough current.

You must be using the lighter itself. An amp or so is enough
for most electronic doodads. Many of them draw only a few milliamps.

Dan