Old April 28th 21, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Weglide.org

Cool, thanks!

Dan
5J

On 4/27/21 4:44 PM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
My understanding it's just a WiFi stick in an USB slot on the LX
computer. Any WiFi connected to the internet, whether it's airport
provided, hangar with private WiFi, hotspot on your phone, as long as
you know the WiFi ID and password, you can send files to OLC and other
organizations. WiFi also let's it download files it needs, like Skysight
weather.

Eric

On 4/27/2021 2:46 PM, Dan Marotta wrote:
Just curious but how does that work?Â* Does the LX computer have a
built-in cell radio or some other means to get to OLC?Â* Do you need a
separate data plan?Â* Or does it connect to your cell phone to upload
the igc file?

Dan
5J

On 4/27/21 2:03 PM, Piet Barber wrote:

LX9000 owners cannot upload to OLC?? Is that just Germany or
worldwide? Hopefully the LX8030 I order will be allowed to upload...
good grief that's half the point of having it.

This was the case for a short while.Â* As of early April, I've been
able to upload the flights to OLC directly from the LX9070.Â* You have
to click a few checkmarks within the interface to agree to this and
that, but it's doable. It's all been sorted out, and you can now
upload flights directly to OLC from the unit without having to go to
the website from your phone or an internet-connected computer.