Old April 25th 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
R. Gardner

Default Variations in soft field landings

Not a newbie issue, years ago while flying at a USAF aero club. The club
manager with plenty of hours did that in a M20C. Damn near canceled my CA
to PA cross country for my 21st Birthday but they got it fixed just in time.

So it can happen Newbie or not.

Ron Gardner
"Newps" wrote in message
. ..

Erik wrote:

Regardless of the type of landing, even short field or soft, I've
always been taught to clean up the aircraft after I'm clear of the
runway. I don't touch anything until then. So, keep them down, I've
been taught.

That is the weekend pilot information you got there. You give up
performance but you'll never retract the wheels on the ground. It's a
newbie answer. Are you a newbie?