Old October 10th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default twinstar vs. cirrus - your call?

Montblack wrote:
wrote)
Excellent - thanks, all! Consensus (mostly sent offlist) is to buy into an
older twin. I ran the spreadsheet numbers and, while I can't plug in the
"damn, it's sexy factor", the data all support an older, non-sexy twin for
speed, cost and safety: I'd need to fly 2k hours to make up the difference
in buy-in.

Is a new 2006 Diamond DA-42 (Diesel) Twin Star (with two partners) an
option?

I was hoping to call them $450,000/3 = $150K each

http://makeashorterlink.com/?M36324FED
(Same link as below ...wait for it)

http://www.controller.com/listings/forsale/list.asp?Man=DIAMOND&catID=9%20&mdltxt=DA42%20TWIN STAR&MdlX=Contains&notfound=1&GUID=52282B84D989476 78F7D9AFC924A9CEE

Montblack

The fuel burn of 11 gallons for 175 kts also very good.

What about the overall operations cost ? Say the 3-way partnership does
a total
of 200-300 hours/year ?

P S