Old November 22nd 04, 01:34 AM
Patrick Pohler

It seems like it's for a one year subscription for the personal edition.

mike regish wrote:
I can't seem to determine if there is a subscription fee. Is this a one time
price of $29.95 or is there a subscrption fee as well?

mike regish

"Patrick Pohler" wrote in message

Hey everybody, I'm a lurker to these forums but I found a pretty neat
piece of software I've been playing around with for the past couple of
days. Google last week bought a company that produces this software called
Keyhole. Bascially it's like Terraserver, which streams satellite images
for anywhere on the planet. However this is more powerful in that the
resolution is so good you can zoom right down to street level (that is if
there is the right data for the area, medium to major cities are covered
right now but they're expanding the coverage).

Anyway I think it's pretty useful for VFR flight planning, especially if
you haven't been to your destination before. You can actually see what
your checkpoint or your airport will look like from the air.

The software isn't free, but the personal edition is $29.95 a year, and
they've got a 7 day free trial, and the download is only 9 megs, so it's
pretty light. Just go to http://www.keyhole.com.

If you're also interested, I've taken some screenshots of a virtual trip
from Don Scott (OSU) to Delaware (DLZ) and you can view them he
http://flyingohio.blogspot.com

Clear skies!

Pat