Old April 17th 18, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default How to get NOAA to wake up

On Monday, April 16, 2018 at 12:07:48 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I have found the San Diego NWS to be very responsive. Here is the reply that I received:

Hi Bob,
We regret the down time. The programmer who can fix this is on vacation and will be able to address this upon return, probably 23 April or so.

Miguel Miller

This is what I got from them. I read this as "don't use our web site, use this other one so we don't have to fix our problem".

If your group wants a lesson on using Bufkit please let me know. This powerful program can provide "hourly" update
sounding profile data at many locations and prediction out to 5 days as well. This program will provide mixing height, stability,
transport winds, cloud layers, inversions and much more. Its the number 1 program used for determining atmospheric
conditions by NWS (observed and model), and we use the data (hourly) to update our hail (freezing level) data for
the algorithms that run the Weather Doppler Radar. Recently we trained the Imperial Valley Air Pollution group on its use.

More info here. The program and the data it uses (can update hourly) is all free. I would not leave home without it.

https://training.weather.gov/wdtd/to...FKIT/index.php