Old April 11th 04, 01:21 AM
Vaughn

"dave" wrote in message
news:%10ec.6115$_K3.46405@attbi_s53...
Hey Jim Thanks!

Maybe I should just build him a generic dipole out of wire or copper tape.
How do you get the bandwidth wider, use a wider conductor?

Also, my only vswr meter is a old radioshack one for use in the 10 meter
range, can I retrofit it to work in the 120 mhz area?

It depends, some of those CB vswr meters were pure junk, and some are
OK for the VHF range. The best way to tell is to check it on a couple of
known good installations and also against a dummy load if you have access to
one. If the meter reads in watts, ignore that part; the power will read
high at higher frequencies.

Vaughn