Old August 1st 19, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default source for clips or sleaves for Hotelier linkages

On Wednesday, July 31, 2019 at 10:59:45 PM UTC-6, John Foster wrote:
On Monday, July 29, 2019 at 7:46:10 AM UTC-6, Scott Williams wrote:
On Sunday, July 28, 2019 at 1:55:17 AM UTC-5, John Foster wrote:
On Wednesday, June 24, 1998 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, Al wrote:
Lets just say ...."Adaquate" as per Rolls Royce discussing anything mechanical
in their sales brochures.

Regards

Al

Armand A. Medeiros wrote:

Al wrote:

Thanks for all the input guys..

I am now the proud owner of a plethora of clips courtesy of Tim at Wings &
Wheels.

Regards

Al.

What kind? Chinsy little things that are .004" to large or good ones
like original equipment? Just curious....

AAM

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but my Google-Fu is weak, and in all my searching online I have not been able to find a source for these clips. I'm facing needing to comply with the AD 94-001, and can't find a source for the clips. Anyone have one? It is for a standard airworthiness certificated glider.

Hi John F,
I'm familiar with the Phoebus, You will find that the only cheap securing device that clears the tubes in the fuselage is safety wire. Even the smallest pins, R or otherwise will not clear, as the control rods do not stay exactly in the center of the tube. Wedekind sleeves may work, but require 'plunger/wedge'LL'hotelier ends and I'll bet your phoebus has 'rotating cams' replacing the 'rotating cam LL'hoteliers with the 'plunger/wedge' might be close to $1800 then you have to buy the Wedekind sleeves.
For What its worth, when you drill the cam plate make sure you have a ball end in the LL'hotelier as the location of the hole is critical.

I have also heard of a Schempp-hirth pin/clip but I have never seen one in real life.
Best of luck,
Scott

Well, I found a source for the pins, and it's local to me, of all places--Ace Hardware! 0.047" (1.2mm) dia. by 19/32" (15mm) long. When I insert them into the holes I drilled, they barely protrude beyond the diameter of the push rod, and will easily clear the holes in the wing root rib. 32 cents each.

When the Ace clerks ask me what I'm looking for, I always reply that I'm headed to the aircraft parts section. (usually for the metric stuff).