Old March 23rd 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sarah Anderson[_2_]

Default Ramp jack for Komet Trailer

I have an older Komet with the same problem.

I'd be interested in pix as well as info on where exactly to buy a "lovejoy bearing".
Boy, sometimes the advertising writes itself, doesn't it?

Sarah

Bullwinkle wrote:
On 3/23/08 12:12 PM, in article
, "Mike the
Strike" wrote:

Some years ago, I had exactly the same problem on a 1978 Komet. I
bought two extra strong jacks and had a local welding shop mount them
for me. Worked great!

Mike

On Mar 23, 9:31 am, wrote:
I am looking at a worn out mechanical jack for the ramp on a Komet
trailer. The best repair I have come up with is to buy a set of
scissor jacks and have them welded into the existing frame. Has
anyone else tackled this job and had better luck with another type of
repair?

Thanks in advance,
Roger

I recently had trouble with mine. I got two auto scissor jacks from AutoMax
and a friend connected them with a Lovejoy bearing. Huge range of motion and
great stability compared with the previous ramp jack. I've got photos, if
you need them.

Bullwinkle