Old January 7th 04, 09:11 PM
Bob McKellar

David Windhorst wrote:

Back in the 80s I visited the Florence (SC) Air & Missile Museum a
couple times. They had an extremely disassembled B29 that they hoped
eventually to work into some sort of display. That a/c is not mentioned
in any of the online references to the museum I could find. Does anyone
know what happened to it?

I have a vague recollection that it went to another site for restoration and
display ( not scrapped ). I have an even vaguer recollection that it went
to Atlanta:

http://www.coastcomp.com/av/pres/atlanta/b29.htm

I have no evidence for these "facts" and they may be completely Tarveristic.

Correction would be welcomed.

Bob McKellar