Old May 17th 10, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mattm[_2_]

Default Audio Variometer sounds

On May 17, 2:27*pm, "Lars Peder Hansen"
wrote:
The LX160 I fly with has separate volume settings for Vario- and
SpeedCommand mode. I think all LX devices do. ..So if you set it to
auto-switch between modes, and then take care to only circle in lift*, you
are OK.

*) They tell me that's the general idea, anyway ;-)

Lars Peder,
DG-600 EE, Denmark

Replace numbers with post1.tele.dk to reply by email

"Grider Pirate" wrote in message

On May 17, 11:03 am, jsbrake wrote:

On May 17, 11:58 am, Grider Pirate wrote:

crank the volume to max to hear the "climb" sounds. Unfortunately, I
hear just fine in the lower registers, so the "sink" tone is REALLY
loud (and annoying after several minutes!).

How about flying in lift all the time, then turn off the vario when
you in to land?

When I figure out how to do that, I'll let you know.

I discovered that when I finally got my LX160 working the other day.
The next time I flew it, however,
it decided I was in speed-to-fly mode while I was on tow, which was
heavily annoying. New checklist
item: flip switch to climb mode before takeoff!

-- Matt