Old May 17th 10, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Audio Variometer sounds

HI,

It is my intent to put videos of all the varios I sell onto my web site. So
far I have done so for the Cambridge 302 and Tasman V1000. There are links
to the videos near the bottom of this page.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/varios.htm

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Grider Pirate" wrote in message
My old Cambridge CAV series Audio Variometer is dying. It will die
someday, if I don't KILL it first. Sometimes on a long flight, it will
become quite optimistic. Cheerleaders are fine, but when I'm in 4
knot sink, reporting 2 knots of lift, and beeping cheerily isn't
helpful. The other problem is the tones themselves. I have some
hearing loss in mid-upper ranges, and as a consequence, I have to
crank the volume to max to hear the "climb" sounds. Unfortunately, I
hear just fine in the lower registers, so the "sink" tone is REALLY
loud (and annoying after several minutes!). Is there a place on the
web that has examples of the tones output by assorted variometers so I
can find one that I like?