Old July 11th 03, 03:14 PM
Tim Bengtson

journeyman wrote:

From my perspective, that's what happened. From their perspective,
I made a rush order that they could only partially fulfill. For me,
the rush was the charts. They rushed an IFR hood I could get anywhere,
anytime.

Here's my perspective. You're going to disagree with it.

You're taking a trip this weekend, so on Thursday you think to look at
your charts and find that they expire that day. You call Sporty's and
order some. "Yeah, I'm in a big hurry, so I'll pay extra for fast
shipping. Oh--throw in an IFR hood, too." Sporty's found that the
charts were on backorder and called you asap. You were not there, so
they left a voice mail. They knew you were in a hurry, so they rushed
what they could. Since only the charts were important to you, and not
the hood, you're mad that they want you to pay for overnight shipping on
the hood. You get on the newsgroup and scream about what assholes they
are at Sporty's.

Many here dislike Sporty's, so you're not alone. However, this problem
would have been avoided if you had been a little more careful managing
your chart inventory.

Tim