Old July 21st 19, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Antennae

On Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 9:37:25 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
The turtle deck on the Stemme is fiberglass but I already have two
antennae on top of the glare shield.Â* I'd like to put one on the bottom
of the aircraft.Â* An ideal location would be on the propeller dome, but
the transponder antenna is mounted on the bottom of that in the middle
fore and aft.Â* What's the minimum spacing required between a transponder
antenna and a flarm antenna?

Another possibility would be to install an antenna in the engine bay
right at the bottom.Â* I think the lower cowl is fiberglass, but I'd have
to check.

Since I trimmed the antenna cables to length when I installed them on
top of the glare shield, I'll have problems that may require buying new
antennae.Â* Bummer...

I'd keep all other antennas as far as possible from the transponder antenna, since it transmits (in short bursts) at about 200 watts.

Extra FLARM antennas are cheap he
https://www.mouser.com/Passive-Compo...16+MHW&FS=True