Old June 24th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vaughn Simon

Default BNC installation

"raulb" wrote in message
Anyway, you could have found a much less expensive crimper at an
electronics store (Fry's, Radio Shack, Newark, etc.). I suspect that
the only ones who solders anymore is the military, and me sometimes--
and yes, I hate it too--even though I have a considerably less
expenseive crimper.

This is one time when you want the professional tool. (Of course, you want
to buy the professional tool at the best price, and that is probably not any
aviation supplier)

I would rather have a crimped BNC than a soldered BNC any day of the week.
There are just too many ways to do the job wrong. A crimp connector is closer
to idiot proof. Additionally, it gives you a more reliable braid connection
than the older style solder-type connectors.

Vaughn