Old May 9th 13, 06:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wade

Default Trouble with Cambridge Utility

Do you have a lot of information displayed in the .dat file after you do a save as from within see you?

On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:49:07 AM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Wade,

I use SeeYou to generate waypoint files for the 302 often. After I save the

.dat file I use Notepad to add an "H" attribute to the home airport.

I can't explain the error you are seeing. Did you edit the file in Word?

Word could add some hidden characters.

Try using SeeYou or ConnectMe to upload the waypoint file to the 302.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Wade" wrote in message

I attempted to export (file/save as) a group of 75 waypoints chosen in the

See You desktop version for use in a Cambridge 302 (.dat file) The waypoints

in See You were from the original seeyou.cup file that came with the

software when I bought it. When I try to upload the .dat file to the 302

using the cambridge utility, the utility crashes. It works if I drop the

total number of waypoints to 18 and it seems to be any 18 waypoints I

choose.

If I use waypoints from the turnpoint exchange then it works just fine. This

seems like an easy solution but I actually like having the waypoint data

that the seeyou.cup file gives such as airport frequencies etc... that

aren't given in the turnpoint exchange files.

If anyone has run across this and understands what is going on I would

appreciate the help. I am assuming that there is trouble with the format of

the content within the .dat file but I don't know what I should manually

alter it to.

Thanks

Wade