Old October 11th 03, 06:34 PM
Kirk Stant

(John) wrote in message . com...
My '6 came with turbulator tape on the bottom surface, just in front
of the elevator. 1994 C model. The stall is very gentle.

J4

That's interesting. Does your aircraft or maintenance manual have any
info on the tail tape (placement, size, etc.)? My 6 is an 87 B model,
no tape anywhere except on the rudder mylar (zigzag leading edge).

I have a hard time figuring out how increasing elevator effectiveness
would make a stall "harder", since the wing should stall at the same
angle of attack and with the same flow pattern; you may be able to get
deeper into the stall with full aft stick (maybe better spin entry)
but that should be about it.
Right now the 6's stall is so gentle as to be almost nonexistent, I
can only really get any kind of break with landing flaps, in
thermalling flap it just nods a little.

I'll check with LS/DG and see what they say about it.

Meanwhile, the rest of you guys out there relax, I appreciate your
concern but I haven't reached this ripe almost old age by doing really
stupid things. Mildly stupid things, perhaps (like paying too much
attention to RAS).

Kirk
66