Old October 5th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Dennis Wright - I'll miss you

Brian Glick wrote:
This seems to be the opinion of a lot of people. I too, was very impressed
the 2 times I met and talked with Dennis. He was barely on the job until he
came to a nationals at Mifflin one spring. Charlie Spratt introduced me to
him, and I was always impressed with his communications, and his willingness
to be out among the general membership that he worked for. Not all agreed
with everything he did, but who among us agrees with someone else on every
issue. NO ONE!!! Good luck to you Dennis, SSA and soaring will miss you.

Brian Glick

"Ray Lovinggood" wrote in
message ...
Dennis,

I hope this isn't 'goodbye' from soaring and hope that
you will continue your soaring endeavors. Anyone who
takes an auto-launch in a 1-26 for his Silver Distance
flight has to be fully 'infected' with the soaring
'disease.'

We met at the Arlington convention and at Perry, South
Carolina and I hope we can meet at another gathering
of soaring pilots in the future. You are welcome to
fly with us in our club at Harnett County, North Carolina.

Keep chasing the great thermals!

Regards,
Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina

O'K...Dennis made a mistake or 2...but I don't think he did that
purposefully and knowingly. I think that his attitude toward soaring
was excellent and I also think that he should stay as the ED. I am sure
he is not going to repeat same type of mistakes again.
So, he resigned because he was probably force to do so or maybe he gave
up under the criticism of our society. But do you suppose bringing
another ED is going to solve our problems or the situation will not
repeat itself ? Dejavu again ?
Yeah, I know....the board will resign, the ED resigned and some miracle
will happen that we will wake up out of hibernation some time in 4 or 5
months and every thing will be nice and dandy ? I don't think so.
Therefore I not only think that the people who are directly involved
with running our society, people who are making decisions for us should
stay in place. They just should be hold accountable for their actions
and performance. Firing and termination, resignation is not a good long
term solution. Alan Gleason should be prosecuted to the fullest extent
of the law, SSA pay to the IRS whatever they owe them and maybe try to
negotiate the penalty, deal with the state and move on. Case closed.

Jacek Kobiesa
Washington State

One of the faceless members who witnessed a demise of "several systems"
around Central Europe and no overnight improvements as a result of
firing, termination and resignations.